- This event has passed.
The Port Tourism and Business Network Presents: SMART Tools & Resources to Promote your Port and District
January 11, 2023 @ 10:30 am
Date: Wednesday 11th January 2023 10.30am – 11.30am
Guest Speaker: James Louis Smith, Postdoctoral Research Fellow—’Ports, Past and Present’ project
Attendee prep: Attendees will be provided with prep required prior to workshop
- Mags Boland Murphy from Bofin Consultancy will share tips on working smarter by utilising tools and resources available to you.
- You will be provided with an insight into some of the free and economical tools that you can use to help promote and manage your business into 2023 and beyond.
- The workshop will include a brief reference to social media outlining some free promotional tools, tune into our social media workshop for a more in depth conversation.
- This workshop will help you to prepare for the season ahead and you will come away with some great insight into promoting your business, your location and your region in a way that doesn’t need to cost a lot!
- Guest speaker James Louis Smith (who has worked extensively on the Ports, Past and Present Project) will discuss one free tool at your disposal; the Port Places App which he helped to develop. This app allows you to explore the depth of history and heritage surrounding five active ferry ports on the Irish Sea: Dublin Port, Rosslare, Holyhead, Fishguard and Pembroke Dock. This app allows the user to download their choice of curated experiences, each providing a vision of port life, creativity, history and heritage.
- See ports differently through walking tours, multimedia collections and stories.
- Cross the Irish Sea and learn about the history of your journey, past and present.
- Explore the region by linking port life to unexpected cultural institutions, attractions and sites of natural beauty that await you a short journey away.
- Connect Ireland and Wales over the sea, learning about the ties that bind across centuries.
To register, click on the following link: Events – Bofin Consultancy
Ports, Past and Present is a project led by University College Cork in partnership with Aberystwyth University, the University of Wales Trinity St David and Wexford County Council examining the cultural heritage of the ports in the Irish sea basin. Funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Ireland Wales Cooperation programme.